Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WHAT'S THE ROLLING STONE SMOKING?
For those who keep up with such things, the recent issue of Rolling Stone Magazine has an article on the cartels written by Guy Lawson. He's listed on the masthead as a Contributing Editor.

While there were some good things in the article, some of his assertions and conclusions were absolutely the product of bong hits.

Here's a link to my rebuttal:
http://frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=36298

In the interest of full disclosure, I contacted Rolling Stone to ask if I could submit a rebuttal but I got the usual silent treatment. I also tried the usual media outlets and they all said (rightly) that it's not their fight.

As the resounding silence on the ACORN scandal has convincingly demonstrated, the usual media is not the disseminator of news, it's the gatekeeper. It's not news, or significant, until they say it is. Remember the silence on the hate crimes and racially motivated homicides until the Federal case was filed against The Avenues in 2007. The media was able to ignore me, and others working the same stories, but it was hard to ignore the U.S. Attorney filing a major hate crimes case.

No comments: